CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

6/27/12

Equal time and more...

Well, I'm in trouble with a capital T!  I mentioned to my 27 year old son, Gregory, that I had started a blog.  After he got done chuckling (that's a whole 'nother post), I showed him my blog. Expecting congrats at his mother's handiwork, this is what I got . . .  As soon as he caught sight of the picture of Maddie, his dad's lab, he started in:  "WHAT!  You have a picture on there of Madds but you don't have a picture of your own, sweet, lovable, precious, GRANDDOG!!!!!"


So...  to keep the family peace, this post is dedicated to the sweet, adorable, lovable, precious, granddog, Cass.  Cass was named after Mama Cass because she was the biggest puppy in the litter.  She has had surgery to repair the ACL on both of her rear legs at the ripe old age of 8.  As you can see in the picture, Cass LOVES stuffed animals and is very gentle with them.  She has an entire menagerie with angry bird and Reggie the Hedgehog being the favorites.


She lives to go swimming, enjoys being outside lying in the sun and goes absolutely everywhere with Gregory! Cass loves sticks!  She will find one to carry around even on a walk, which is what she did with the one in the picture.  Always brings stares from people passing by!
Then last of all there's Cass the fearless hunter!  Now you don't usually take dogs turkey hunting but she flushed this one out of the brush and Gregory shot it.  She tried to retrieve it for him but it weighed a bit much at 22 pounds.  However, she thought it was HER turkey.  She was licking it before the photo and for months after Gregory mounted the tail feathers, spurs and beard, she would lay under it and whine until he would take it down for her to sniff and smell and view as her proud accomplishment.


Cass really is the best dog I've ever known.  She is all of those adjectives above and more.  She's also the only "grandchild"  I'm going to have for some time.


So, I hope now I'm out of the doghouse.  Ha! Ha!


Before I sign off for today, I have some more awesome giveaways to send your way:


Shanyn at Coffee, Kids and Compulsive Lists is celebrating 100 followers!


Amanda at One Extra Degree is giving away a Luna Projection Camera!


April at The Idea Backpack is celebrating 100 followers!


Beth Ann at Taming My Flock of Firsties is hosting a Summertime Giveaway!


Lots of wonderful prizes to be won!  Hurry on over now!





1 comment:

  1. Thanks for swinging by today . . . I am following you right back :)

    Kelley Dolling
    Teacher Idea Factory

    ReplyDelete